We believe in local solutions and are committed to our land grant mission of hands-on service to communities across the state. Our faculty work hand in hand with our neighbors in every Oregon county to address challenges affecting health and well-being, our students engage in learning beyond the classroom, and researchers partner with communities and share discoveries that improve health for all.
- Former OSU Women’s Basketball player re-connects with the community to serve up meals to Oregon’s frontline workersTeaming up with a CPHHS professor, Mikayla Pivec, ’20 created Selfless Servings to deliver meals to Oregon’s frontline workers throughout the pandemic.
- Extension begins grassroots effort to increase vaccine uptake among LatinosOSU Extension accelerates its local outreach to improve vaccine confidence and uptake in Oregon’s Latino population.
- Grad student saw Latinx community struggling, so she leaped into action, addressing food insecurity and removing barriers to healthDoctoral student Nancy Vargas saw Oregon’s Latinx communities struggling with food insecurity, so she stepped up to help get them the resources they needed.
- OSU accelerates local efforts to improve Latinx vaccine confidence and uptakeOregon State is accelerating its local outreach to improve confidence in COVID-19 vaccines in the state’s Latinx population, which has been disproportionately affected by the pandemic and whose vaccination rate lags behind other races and ethnicities.
- Vaccinations to be offered during Corvallis TRACE-COVID-19 sampling June 5 and 6Oregon State’s TRACE-COVID-19 program is partnering with Samaritan Health Services to offer door-to-door vaccinations as TRACE conducts its seventh community survey in Corvallis for the coronavirus.
- Doing hard things is second nature when students’ education is on the lineThanks to parents, preschoolers, and OSU students and staff, the OSU Child Development Center kept the doors open and survived an unprecedented year of service delivery in person.