We believe in local solutions and are committed to our land grant mission of hands-on service to communities across the state. Our faculty work hand in hand with our neighbors in every Oregon county to address challenges affecting health and well-being, our students engage in learning beyond the classroom, and researchers partner with communities and share discoveries that improve health for all.
- OSU accelerates local efforts to improve Latinx vaccine confidence and uptakeOregon State is accelerating its local outreach to improve confidence in COVID-19 vaccines in the state’s Latinx population, which has been disproportionately affected by the pandemic and whose vaccination rate lags behind other races and ethnicities.
- Vaccinations to be offered during Corvallis TRACE-COVID-19 sampling June 5 and 6Oregon State’s TRACE-COVID-19 program is partnering with Samaritan Health Services to offer door-to-door vaccinations as TRACE conducts its seventh community survey in Corvallis for the coronavirus.
- Doing hard things is second nature when students’ education is on the lineThanks to parents, preschoolers, and OSU students and staff, the OSU Child Development Center kept the doors open and survived an unprecedented year of service delivery in person.
- Corvallis TRACE-COVID-19 sampling June 5 and 6 to include saliva testing for antibodiesOregon State University will conduct its seventh round of TRACE-COVID-19 sampling in Corvallis with the addition of testing saliva for COVID-19 antibodies.
- The times are tough, but these grads are tougherSee how the College of Public Health and Human Sciences is celebrating the Class of 2021 this spring.
- Reaching out to underserved communities on the coastWhen a seafood processor in Newport, Oregon was hit with a large outbreak of the coronavirus virus, FCH Extension Service faculty got to work.