We’re training the next generation of public health and human sciences problem-solvers to take on the world’s greatest health challenges. See how our students are making an impact in Oregon and beyond.
- Kinesiology student steps out of her comfort zone – and into her futureHallie Baker understands firsthand the importance of getting involved on campus and in her community.
- HDFS student shares the importance of mental health and finding communityIn discovering her major, human development and family sciences student Jeanette Chen discovered herself.
- Study abroad during a global pandemic? It only seems impossible until you do it.Global health grad students in the CPHHS participated in virtual study abroad experience due to the pandemic’s limitations on travel.
- College mentorship program propels students to win research award and highlights importance of physical educationCPHHS students collaborated on a study focusing on physical education requirements that led them to winning an award and getting their research published.
- Center for Health Innovation connects students with the community for hands-on learning and outreachSince August 2020, a talented team of students in OSU’s Center for Health Innovation have provided “surge” support to local public health departments in response to COVID-19.
- Teaching public health policy in the militaryMeet Tiara Walz, an active-duty major with the United States Army and a graduate student studying health policy in OSU’s College of Public Health and Human Sciences.