We’re training the next generation of public health and human sciences problem-solvers to take on the world’s greatest health challenges. See how our students are making an impact in Oregon and beyond.
- Teaching public health policy in the militaryMeet Tiara Walz, an active-duty major with the United States Army and a graduate student studying health policy in OSU’s College of Public Health and Human Sciences.
- Commencement 2021: Drew DocterDrew Docter will graduate with a master of public health focused on epidemiology. Originally from Madison, Wisc., he is confident that his time in the MPH program has given him the tools to better translate community voices and experiences into data-driven decision-making.
- Commencement 2021: Ellie SlamaEllie Slama will receive her bachelor’s degree in kinesiology from Oregon State University on June 12. During her time in the College of Public Health and Human Sciences, Ellie played on the Oregon State women’s golf team.
- Commencement 2021: Lisa PerrettLisa is an undergraduate student studying nutrition and dietetics who will graduate in spring 2021. After graduation, she will attend the University of Utah’s coordinated master’s program in nutrition and dietetics with a focus in sports nutrition.
- Commencement 2021: Logan IversonLogan is an undergraduate student studying human development and family sciences and will graduate this spring. After graduation, he hopes to work as an instructor or educational assistant.
- Commencement 2021: Maddie FuhrmanMaddie is an undergraduate student studying public health and will celebrate her graduation this spring. In fall 2021, she will start a Master of Science in Nursing program at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland.