Karen Hooker, has shown that personality is a key driver of each component of successful aging:
- prevention of disability and disease
- maintenance of high cognitive and physical functioning
- engagement with life
What type of person you are, how you set and meet goals, how you interact with others, and your openness to new experiences — all aspects of personality — lead to choices that influence healthy aging.Karen’s top three healthy personality behaviors?
- Nurture relationships to be socially connected
- Engage in useful activities to others to feel productive
- Exercise regularly to improve mental and physical health